An Actor Repairs

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ought Seven

We here in our Haven on Haven have begun what is sure to be a year chock full of activity. The renovations have been put on the back burner for the month of January. They will be moved to a slow simmer in February and turned back to full in March.



What is left:

Building the wall unit in the living room that will house the “entertainment center” and books, the radiator and a window seat; building a unit in the little hallway just outside the bedroom and bathroom that will have a base that houses fourteen drawers and an upper part consisting of three cabinets, the center one with a glass door; laying the cork flooring in the kitchen; completing the wine cork backsplashes; tiling behind the stove to the ceiling and the backsplash around the sink; installing the hood above the stove and the dishwasher; spackling, caulking, priming and painting all the built-ins, trim, baseboards and crown moldings; wall papering the tiny hallway; painting the walls of the living room, entry hall and kitchen; sanding, staining and finishing the oak floor.

So, a few odds and ends.

In the mean time I am in rehearsals for I AM MY OWN WIFE. The wife that I have when I’m not my own is beginning rehearsals in two days for her tour. We are looking at extended periods of time apart for almost the entire year if things happen the way we expect. More details will be forthcoming, as they are made apparent to us. Suffice it to say that ought seven will be scattered. Somewhere in our wake we will leave a beautiful home which we hope to spend at least a little time in.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger JMW said...

"The wife that I have when I’m not my own..." Awesome. Hope things are going well in PA -- can't wait to see the show.

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only wish I could see your lovely photos better. They are a wee bit dark for my old eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home