An Actor Repairs

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Barney

There comes a time in rehearsal where nothing is working. What was funny is not, and what was moving is putrid, stale and fake. Usually the third or forth week.

There comes a time during a renovation where the toil overtakes the vision. A time when the pleasures of the perceived finished product is overwhelmed by the endless line of tasks and the smells and the dust. This is that time. And so I have been silent.

Today my wife and I attended the memorial service of Barnard Hughes
.



It was an extremely moving tribute attended by powerhouses of Broadway, young and old. I took away many things, but one that applies most strongly to the situation I find myself in with the apartment, and to myself in general. Find the joy. No matter what difficulties life throws at you, find the joy.

Here are a few recent pictures. A photo album will follow soon. I will awake tomorrow, embrace the tasks left me, and conjure the spirit of one of the greatest stage actors of our time by finding the joy.



1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to your sentiments. To Barney...rest in peace. He certainly fought the good fight, ran the race and is now wearing the crown that awaited him in heaven. What is left for us to do is to find the joy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home