An Actor Repairs

Monday, November 27, 2006

Wood-O-Rama Moved!

On the morning of September 11th, 2001 I was in my Mazda pick-up truck heading south. Instead of taking my usual route, which would have put me on the west side highway passing the World Trade towers at around 8:45 am, I was headed to Wood-O-Rama. This jewel of a molding shop used to be located on 108th street just east of Broadway. Because the shop opened much later than the industry standard (9AM) I was well north of the horrible events playing out just a few miles south. So I have an affinity with Wood-O-Rama.

Tomorrow I am driving to (gulp) New Jersey to their new location to select a large amount of necessary moldings. Baseboards, picture rails, crown moldings, window casings, and more. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home