An Actor Repairs

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Drawers!!

Here’s a couple of snaps of the drawers installed.





To remind folks. The drawer boxes were ordered over the internet and built somewhere near the Great Lakes and shipped UPS. They are fine. The company makes a more expensive version (dove tail joints etc) but these Baltic pine ply versions are just dandy. They come unfinished so you have to paint a couple of coats of poly-urethane or whatever onto them before installing. The drawer slides I got from woodworkers.com and the drawer fronts I had made in advance. Remind me to blog a chunk about figure. No, not stock picks nor my wife’s curves, but another kind of figure we woodworkers drool over. If you look closely at the false drawer fronts under where the sink will go, next to the twelve inch-four drawer unit, you might see what I mean.

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I ever mention that Grandpa Frederickson was a ship builder? Sometimes latent talent takes generations to appear.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Fox said...

It's funny you mention that. Occassionally I find myself down at the waters edge attempting to join two pieces of drift wood. Now I know why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home