An Actor Repairs

Friday, December 1, 2006

Wife II

The day after Thanksgiving I auditioned for a theatre in Harrisburg PA that was doing I Am My Own Wife. This was the second time in a month, the first being Vermont Stage. I was called back on Saturday and then several days passed. By mid day Monday I chalked it up to another failed attempt. I moped around, kicking a two-by-four across the hall. Today I received a call offering me the part. I start the day after Christmas. We are now in a hurry-up-and-get-the-place-livable mode. It’s going to be tag team actors-on-the-road for the first half of ’07 for the merry band in our Haven on Haven.




Charlotta rides again.

5 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for
you but not really surprised. You
deserve it. PW

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my word! You continue to amaze me, (as you always have)!!

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dennis -- fabulous! Do you know that Harrisburg is the closest city (about 1/2 hour's drive) to Carlisle, where I went to college (Dickinson)? Harrisburg is where I used to catch the trains to go visit Mark in Connecticut! My old stompin' grounds in PA: COOL. We'll be there for sure. Can't believe the gig starts so soon after xmas. :-( We're going to have to arrange a sneak-peak of the apartment before your departure.... Oh, and I really dig the green officette! Nice work!

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great news, dennis. i looked up the theatre in harrisburg that's producing the piece. well, i stopped when i found one listing, assuming that pennsylvania allows only one wife at a time.

looks like you open around ground hog day-- competing with punksotonee phil in his home state.

i've always been taken by the claim, "paul newman IS hud." i was hoping for a parallel extravagance--"dennis fox is charlotta," but didn't see it on the theatre's web site. maybe for wife III.

i'll raise a glass of brown spirits to help honor your impending transition from repairing to acting.

bw

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dennis,

Tried to congratulate you last week, but the commenting was broken (for me, at least). Anyway, this is awesome. I was bummed when I couldn't catch this in Iowa, but I'll make this one for sure. Great, great news....congrats!!

jw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home